Priority Trees prides itself on offering customers the highest quality tree services at an affordable price with over 20 years industry experience
Canada Bay Council
Priority Tree Services provides professional tree care services ranging from stump grinding, tree removal, tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Canada Bay Council area and much more.
Canada Bay Council Quick Links
City of Canada Bay Council covers the following suburbs:
- Birkenhead Point
- Breakfast Point
- Canada Bay
- Concord West
- Five Dock
- Liberty Grove
- North Strathfield
- Rodd Point
- Russell Lea
Canada Bay Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- The tree was dead or that the works were limited to the removal of dead branches.
- The tree is a declared noxious weed in the local government area of the City of Canada Bay under the Noxious Weed Act 1993.
- Pruning of limbs to 500mm from domestic service leads as specified by Energy Australia, provided that the works were carried out by a qualified or experienced Arborist or Tree surgeon, in accordance with the Australian Standards for the Pruning of Amenity Trees AS 4373-1996.
- Emergency Works- any works carried out by Council, the State Emergency Services, the Rural Fire Service of NSW, or a public authority in response to an emergency.
- Works carried out by State and Federal Government departments or Authorities under current legislative requirements; or carried out by Council or its agents.
- A fruit tree grown for the purposes of fruit or fodder production except Acmena spp (Lilly Pilly), Syzygium spp (Lilly Pilly) or Elaeocarpus spp (Blueberry Ash).
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor Laurel) or Liquidamber styraciflua (Liquidambar) where the outside edge of the trunk of such tree is located within 3 metres of any single storey dwelling (not being an out building eg. Garage, carport, shed, etc)
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- The tree has a height of, or greater than, four (4) metres;
- The tree has a trunk girth of, or greater than, 500mm at any point; or
- The tree is a cycad or mangrove, irrespective of its dimensions, except with the express written consent of the Council.