What most people are not aware of is that our industry is not licensed. Therefore anyone can call themselves an arborist. You may have seen or heard of news articles such as on A Current Affair or as per this Daily Telegraph articles about tree scammers targeting unaware and elderly people. It is advisable that you carefully select the firm before engaging them to do your work. It may be tempting to settle for the cheapest quote but this can lead to a lot of unwanted headaches. We want to ensure that you don’t become one of these statistics.
Our main industry body “Arboriculture Australia” is trying to push for a licence in our industry. This will not only help to make it a safer industry and raise the quality of the work. It will also benefit the consumer in giving them assurance that companies need to have minimum requirements to be able to trade.
Our industry has had more than its fair share of serious incidents which has lead Safe Work NSW to focus on our industry. They have released some good information and incentives for business to help improve safety in our industry. In addition they have also released information about Hiring Tree Work Contractors which is a good guide for consumers.
The good news is there are companies that are very professional and provide a high level of service and quality of work by properly trained staff. Here at Priority Tree Services we offer the items below as a minimum to ensure we can provide our customers high level of service and quality of work we are known for;
- We carry $20 million Public Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Our systems or work have been third party accredited to ISO standards
- Our staff have qualification up to AQF Level 5 in Arboriculture
- Our climbers have a minimum AQF Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- We provide you with a written quote which clearly outlines the scope of work.
- There are no hidden surprises or cost variations at the end of the job
- We leave your property cleaner than when we arrive.
- We take all necessary measure to ensure that your garden and property gets protected during tree work.
- We are members of the following Industry Bodies AA (Arboriculture Australia, TCAA (Tree Contractors Association of Australia and the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture)
- We provide ongoing training for our staff to further develop their skills and gain industry knowledge from other experts in our field
Priority Tree Services and its Management team are committed to providing customer satisfaction by implementing and maintaining an Integrated Management Plan (IMP). This IMP represents a detailed outline of the PTS management system and explains “how we do things” to achieve these outcomes.
Our strategically developed documents, processes and procedures provide the mechanisms to achieve quality, safety and sound environmental practices in our services and personnel, whilst our commitment to continually improve these mechanisms, is how we can strive to achieve operational excellence and ultimate customer satisfaction. PTS is committed to:
- Establishing a standardised system of managing our IMP across all of the business.
- Allocate and communicate responsibility and accountability to all levels of employees.
- Establish a system of managing our IMP that can be monitored and continuously improved.
- Maintain compliance to all three (3) standards.
Priority Tree Services offer the following payment options for your convenience
Our bank account details are as follows:
Account Name: AHK Enterprises Pty Ltd T/as Priority Tree Services
Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
Please include your invoice number and name on the remittance.
Please make your cheque payable to Priority Tree Services and include your remittance slip or invoice number on the back of the cheque for reference.
Please post your cheque to: PO Box 442 Hornsby NSW 1630
Our crew leader is able collect cash on the day of service and supply a written receipt for this payment.